📣 Help us improve our documentation! Share your feedback by filling out this form.
All VTEX stores have a native Checkout UI ready to be used from the beginning of their operations on the platform. However, if the merchant wants to change some features on this UI, VTEX also offers the option of customizing the Checkout. See the links below for useful information and apps to customize your store’s Checkout UI.
- Layout Development Guide for payment methods in Smart Checkout VTEX
- Checkout UI Custom App
- Checkout UI Settings App
- B2B Checkout Settings
- vtex.js for Checkout
- Customizing the Header and Footer blocks by page
The architecture of VTEX Checkout is organized in such a way that the main data structure is the
orderForm object. It is composed of several sections and fields that allow you to have control over all the important information of a purchase order. See the links below for useful information and endpoints related to the
- OrderForm overview
- Using Checkout API to set a discount
- Enabling the orderForm optimization
- GET- Get orderForm configuration
- POST - Update orderForm configuration
To request client data additional to those available in the
orderForm, stores can create
custom fields. See the links below for useful information and endpoints related to custom client data.
- Creating customizable fields in the cart with Checkout API
- Custom fields created by Mercado Libre connector
- PUT - Set multiple custom field values
- PUT - Set single custom field value
- DELETE - Remove single custom field value
Once you already have the client information registered, you can check their profile data or even add them to a specific cart. See the links below to access endpoints related to client data.
- GET - Get client profile by email
- POST - Add client profile
- POST - Add client preferences
- POST - Add shipping address and select delivery option
In the marketplace context, you can check the seller's database to find out which sellers are available in a given region and configure the exchange of sellers that fulfill a purchase order. See the links below to access endpoints related to seller data.
In your store, you can perform various actions related to the shopping cart, including adding security items, simulating carts, modifying item quantities, etc. See the links below for useful information and endpoints related to the handle the shopping cart in your store.
- Minicart - Configuration & Customization
- ADD TO CART Button
- Implementing reCAPTCHA in integrations
- POST - Cart simulation
- GET - Get current cart or create a new one
- GET - Get cart information by ID
- POST - Remove all items
- GET - Remove all personal data
- PATCH - Update cart items
- PUT - Change price
- PATCH - Ignore profile data
- GET - Cart installments
- POST - Add marketing data
- POST - Add payment data
By verifying addresses, pickup points, and fulfillment simulations, it is possible to have an overview of how the delivery process will be carried out in your store. See the links below to access endpoints related to delivery logistics.
- GET - List pickup points by location
- GET - Get address by postal code
- POST - Fulfillment simulation
- Calculate SLA
Through APIs it is possible to simulate all the steps in the order process carried out by the client. See the links below for useful information and endpoints related to the flow of an order.
- Using APIs to place a regular order
- PUT - Place an order (no cart information available)
- POST - Place an order from an existing cart
- POST - Process order
When your store sells products to many regions or has stocks in different locations, you may need to calculate different taxes to apply to each order. To facilitate this procedure, at VTEX you can integrate an external tax calculation provider. See the links below to access information on how to integrate an external tax calculation provider into your store.
- Tax Service - Overview
- Tax Service - Specification
- Tax Service - Recipe
- Tax Service - Implementation
At VTEX checkout, some features are activated through apps. See the links below to access information about the apps available for your store's checkout.
Updated 13 days ago