️ Check the new Checkout onboarding guide. We created this guide to improve the onboarding experience for developers at VTEX. It assembles all documentation on our Developer Portal about the Checkout and is organized by focusing on the developer's journey.
The Checkout API allows you to obtain and configure information about the shopping cart and its attachments, personalization of custom fields, orderForm structure, fulfillment data, order management, and identification of the sellers delivery region.
Important: Data modification operations (
DELETE endpoints) shall not be performed in parallel in the Checkout APIs. They need to be enqueued by the client/requester. Otherwise, old values can be overwritten incorrectly or competition errors may occur."
Allows merchants to simulate, configure and customize shopping cart information.
- POST - Cart Simulation
- GET - Get current or create a new cart
- GET - Get cart information by ID
- POST - Remove all items
- GET - Remove all personal data
- POST - Update cart items
- POST - Add cart items
- PUT - Change price
- PATCH - Ignore profile data
- GET - Cart installments
- POST - Add coupons to the cart
Allows merchants to obtain client profiles and add information to a given shopping cart.
- GET - Get client profile by email
- POST - Add client profile
- POST - Add shipping address and select delivery option
- POST - Add client preferences
- POST - Add marketing data
- POST - Add payment data
- POST - Add merchant context data
Allows merchants to manage custom fields that were created by an app in their account.
- PUT - Set multiple custom field values
- PUT - Set single custom field value
- DELETE - Remove single custom field value
Allows merchants to configure orderForm in the account and seller exchange on a given order.
- GET - Get orderForm configuration
- POST - Update orderForm configuration
- GET - Get window to change seller
- POST - Update window to change seller
- POST - Clear orderForm messages
Allows merchants to obtain pickup points and address information.
Allows merchants to place and process orders by creating a new cart or using an existing cart.
Allows merchants to obtain a list of sellers serving a specific delivery region.