The Checkout UI Settings app allows you to customize your store's through the terminal and the VTEX IO CLI.
The main advantage of using the app instead of the store's admin for this customization is that your Checkout scripts will behave as configurations for platform apps.
In practice, it means that Checkout UI Settings allows A/B testing in your store's scripts, in addition to the possibility of quick rollbacks for old scripts (i.e. scripts pertaining to older Checkout UI Settings app's versions).
- Using your terminal and the VTEX IO CLI, log into the desired account;
vtex listto access the list of apps that are already installed on the account you're working on. If the Checkout UI Settings option already exists, you can skip to step 7 of this step-by-step;
- If the Checkout UI Settings app was not found in the list of installed apps, run the
- Select the
- Open the
checkout-ui-settingsapp in whichever code editor you prefer;
- In the
manifest.jsonfile, change the predefined default value
vendorto the name of the account in which you want to install the app;
- In the
checkout-ui-customfolder, create the files in which the scripts will be included, just as you would do in the admin's interface. Notice that a few defaults files already exist in the
checkout-ui-customfolder, files which you can use to insert the scripts;
- According to the Checkout customization you are looking for, open the most suitable file and insert the desired scripts;
- Save your changes. Then, publish the app's new version;
- Still logged into the desired account, create a production workspace and install the app;
- If everything is working as expected, promote the workspace to master.
Once the app is deployed and installed in the account, every scripts contained in it will be automatically linked to your store and used to build the templates to customize your Checkout.
If a prior app version was already installed and your want to change the scripts linked to it, you'll need to repeat the already existing code and thereafter launch the app's new version containing the changes you just did. Housekeeper is responsible for updating app versions in the accounts it's installed.
You can create a workspace and install the app there. While using the app, you will need to apply your changes and copy/paste the content of the files to your portal.