If you’re sure about all the code changes that you’ve done to your app in a development workspace, it’s time to release a new app version.
By the end of this step by step, you will:
- increment the version in the app’s
manifest.jsonaccording to the SemVer (semantic versioning) best practices.
- update the app's
- create a release commit and a release tag.
- send the performed changes to the app's repository.
Notice that releasing a new app version will not create this new version in our infrastructure. That is, the app will not be publicly available yet for installing in other accounts and workspaces, neither will the new version be automatically upgraded on accounts that have this app's major installed. To do so, you need to release the app version and then publish it.
- Using your terminal and the VTEX IO Toolbelt, log into the account responsible for the release of the new app version. Make sure the app’s
vendoris equal to the logged account.
- Access the app's local directory.
- Run one of the following commands, according to your app's needs:
vtex release major stable- To release a new major stable version.
vtex release minor stable- To release a new minor stable version.
vtex release patch stable- To release a new patch stable version.
vtex release major beta- To release a major beta version.
vtex release minor beta- To release a minor beta version.
vtex release patch beta- To release a patch beta version.
Updated 7 days ago