VTEX Master Data is an easy-to-use, secure, fast, scalable and extensible repository. It allows you to create your own entities, store data and consult directly from the storefront or use it to store info for some external integrations. More information can also be found in the Master Data section of our API Guide.
There are internal VTEX modules that use VTEX Master Data as a data repository.
There are two ways to use Master Data:
- Directly from the storefront.
- Through an external integration.
If you need to use it inside the storefront, be aware of the following observations:
- Use the storefront host to query or store information to avoid CORS.
- Configure which information should be public and which shouldn't, inside the data entity.
- Do not create query loops (the storefront may be affected with throttling and APIs may be turned off as a security protection).
It's important to avoid CORS using the relative path.
If you are dealing with an external integration, for example migrating client data from another service, be aware of the following observations:
- Use the host
- Use the authentication keys (x-vtex-api-appkey ou x-vtex-api-apptoken).
|accountName||Account name in VTEX License Manager|
|acronym||Data Entity acronym|
|id||Identifier of a document|