Welcome to the one and only VTEX IO Release Notes!
I bet that you've missed us these past couple weeks, but weep no more 🤗
Not only are we back, but we also have a proper explanation for turning off the lights for all this time: the VTEX IO Release Notes will have a new format from now on, being published every two weeks.
No need for the long face, team... a more extended publication time equals more time to bring together relevant content for you 🎉
Without further ado and with the given explanations, have a quick look at our key releases for weeks 39 and 40 of 2019:
New features 🚀
- Store v2 Edition - No more headaches with manually installing
storev2 compatible apps thanks to Store v2 Edition.
- Pickup Availability - New feature for strengthening Omnichannel experience? Oh yeah! Check out the new Pickup Availability component.
- Paging the Search Results - If agility is what you are searching for then this feature is for you. Now, the Search Results component provides a URL for each loaded search results page!
- Stack Layout - Components overlapping other components. If this seems like something difficult, that's because you're unfamiliar with Stack Layout.
- Tab Layout - What's better than one layout release? Two of them. The Tab Layout allow the construction of different layouts for your store's tabs.
- Product Specification Badges - Specifications can define whether a user will or will not buy a certain SKU. Don't waste time and display them in badges with this new component!
- Platform performance - Understand what the VTEX IO performance improvement key points were for week 39 and 40 of 2019.
- URL field auto-fill - When creating a new page in the admin's Page section, the URL field will automatically propose a path according to the page's chosen title. Isn't it just magical?
Notable bug fixes 🐛
- Negative discount badges - The
DiscountBadgecomponent was displaying negative discount badges, such as -0%, when the product was being sold at a higher price than its original one. This strange behavior is now fixed and the
DiscountBadgeis not displayed if the product's discount is less than 1%.
- Attachment default values sent to Checkout - Product attachment default values were being sent to checkout as if users had chosen them, even though they had not. This scenario no longer occurs.
tel:Rich Text links attribute - Rich Texts can now interpret the HTML attribute
tel:to create links for phone calls. Prior to this bug being fixed, this attribute was not interpreted (Rich Texts could only interpret the
mailtoattribute, used for sending e-mails).